Smoking, a common habit that most of them practise, has turned out to be even more dangerous. Those who have the habit of smoking enjoy it a lot even though they know how it might affect their health. I have also seen people who finish off five to seven cigarettes in half an hour. Then how much would the count go for a day? Why do people not understand the worth of life? Why do they choose to suffer? We all know that every year there are hundreds and thousands of people dying due to the diseases caused by smoking. We still do not give up smoking because we are not worried about our future. The only thing we are bothered about is to have a joyous life at present. Stressful life is also given as a reason to smoke but they do not realize how much of stress the body is put into while smoking. Everybody talks about quitting this habit but it makes me ask one simple question, “Why on earth do they produce such harmful products?” Well, nobody can answer that. So, let us see why we should quit this deadly habit.
People who are unaware of how smoking can affect you, here are few things that you should know..
- First of all, Tobacco, present in cigarette, contributes to a number of cancers. It’s harmful effects do not end there. It can cause heart attacks and stroke and other cardiovascular diseases too.
- Tar is responsible for staining your teeth. It will also start coating your lungs just like how a chimney is covered with soot. (How can people be happy about breathing in tar?)
- Every time you smoke, a portion of air sacks in your lungs (Alveoli) is killed. They won’t grow back, which means you have permanently destroyed a part of your lungs.
- Emphysema is a disease of the lung that causes shortness of breath. Cigarettes slowly rot your lungs. People with emphysema may suffer lung and heart failure.
- Carbon monoxide in the cigarette smoke increases the amount of cholesterol and constricts blood vessels. The heart is put into a more stressful situation of doing more work to pump the same amount of blood required as before.
- Smokers can also affect the people around them. A non-smoker can also be susceptible to such failures over a long period of time by inhaling the harmful gas let out from a smoker.
- A study has showed that men who smoke have lower concentration of protein (essential to produce sperm) in their testes. A woman who smokes during pregnancy will be affecting the fertility and, sometimes, causing death of the unborn child.
There is nothing worse than falling prey to any of the above mentioned effects. Smokers, please be aware that you are reducing your lifetime with each cigarette that you smoke. Your life is really valuable to you and people who love you. They cannot afford to lose you. Please try quitting at least for their sake, you can also try e cig for some days and to get started you can read an e cig review which is Right here .Though it is hard to give up once and for all if you get addicted, give it a sincere try and slow down the numbers. Non-smokers, next time you see somebody smoking near you, do not hesitate to ask them to put it off. And if your loved ones smoke, make them understand and see to that they control themselves slowly. So, What do you have to say about this? Please feel free to discuss..